Monday, April 02, 2007

Beads - Diffendaffer style


I had a privilege to attend the workshop at Kentucky Arts & Crafts Museum which was taught by my favorite artist, master bead maker, Grant Diffendaffer. It was 2 wonderful days with great teacher and great students, who had become friends. Everyone worked hard and had fun at the same time. We even asked the museum to open extra early morning hours so we can all get extra time to work.
Grant's beads are amazing. Look even better in-person. It was such a dream come through to me. Now I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night wondering how the heck does he make his beads. LOL :0
We don't have time sand and buff these beads, so, against Grant's recommendation, I cut out the texture part to review the color underneath. (Sorry, Grant) I will sand and buff these beads later.
You probably can spot the two lovely beads that I traded my flower ring for. The ring is for his lovely fiance'.
I had a great time. Thank you Grant.
Scroll down to the end of the page to see the group picture.
P.S. I will tell you more about the acorn look-alike bead at the bottom right hand cornor later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These beads are GREAT!!
I have the same problem as you had, I really wake up sometimes, thinking and wondering how they are made - but I don´t have the possibility for a workshop :((

Silastones said...

Bettina, it works better than a sleeping pill, lol. Great techniques that I can use and apply. :)