Sunday, November 04, 2007

Back on the drawing board


This is just an update for my fans who might wondered if I am still around. Before I called myself a Polymer clay Artist, I was a beader. Before that I am a stay-at-home mom and a crafter. Before I quited my job as a landscape Architect to be a full time mom, I was an Architect. Now I am a book-keeper at the Sushi restaurant named Naked Tchopstix. I am making $10 an hour just like when I started working 20 years ago. No complain here, I am thankful for my second chance in life to go back to the workforce. Also eating Sushi everyday is not bad either. My boss want to expand the restaurant so I offered to draw a plan for him, now I am back on the drawing board.
I still pretty rusty, after all, the last time I was on the drawing board was 15 years ago.
I am the old breed of Architect who still draw with pen and paper. AutoCAD version 1.0 was the one I learn in college but I am pretty sure making a sketch by hand is a lot faster than using a CAD, for me that's it.
I still clay, but not as much as I used to, so I have to apologized. The construction will be done in a month, then I will go back to clay again.

1 comment:

Susan Turney said...

Hi Ponsawan!
I'm so happy to have a post to read! I'm missing your magic with clay but I'm happy you're getting to use your architectural skiils. I've been reading lots of blogs and a lot of the women do large art shows...one is doing a week-long one soon....and I know you could do well at them if you could build up enough inventory. Can you imagine a whole week???
I'll be happy when the construction is finished!!
Susan