Friday, September 19, 2008

Making my own beads

Now that Ada and I had settled down at home, I can continue to blog again. So many things to share but let me start with these little "Hurricane Beads" I made with scrap clay. During the past 6 months, while I stay in the hospital and nursing home with Ada, I found sometime to make small bracelets and anklets and sell them to the nurses. I used to visit my friend who sells good quality Czech beads, but I found out that most people cannot tell the different between top quality glass beads and cheap, China made beads. So I started playing with left over clay and come up with a small size, colorful beads that customer can appreciated more because they are all hand-made.

Not only I have a perfect size beads, but also the color I want and the hole is running from side to side, not top to bottom, which make it lay flat when stung.
I also make the small buttons to use as clasp.
Last week, when Ike landed in Houston, I watch the weather Chanel and it occurred to me that my little beads look like the eye of the hurricane. These beads are easy to make and tomorrow I will show you what I made with those beads.
Happy to be back blogging again. Thanks for everyone who left comments and visit Ada's blog.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh so happy to be the first to say "Great to see your work again Ponsawan"...looks like you have been very busy creating again!!...I hope Ada is happy to be back home...and seeing all your loving faces and a *dog or two?*..I can't wait to see what you make with these lovely beads...Bless You and Yours~Melanie:)

VICKY EDWARDS said...

Ponsawan, I am so glad to see that Ada is home and therefore you get to be too. You all are constantly in my prayers. As a nurse for 26 years, from what I have read, Ada is one of the blessed ones, because she has progressed so well. Take care, Ponswan, and try to get some rest (claying?)each day. Glad you get to have your claying time, love what you've done so far. Blessings to all of you. Your PCC Pal, Vicky

Susan Turney said...

I'm so happy to see the new post, Ponsawan. And the beautiful picture of Ada on her blog. She seems to be improving every day and that makes me so optimistic for her recovery. Will you please email me with your address so I can make a small donation to the "house" fund?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're back! It must feel good to be getting back into the swing of things. The polymer clay community missed you!